Info Night – Girls Academy and Women’s PL
Date – Monday 8 February
Time -6.30 – 7.30 pm
Place – Town Centre, Tuggeranong Vikings Club (downstairs) Corner of Athllon Drive and Rees Cres Greenway
We at Tuggeranong United have been busily working over the summer to ensure that players in 2016 have the best opportunity to develop and become the best players they can be in an environment that encourages self-development and provides excellent coaching.
Over the summer we looked at the structure of the women’s game at Tuggeranong and made some changes that we believe will enhance the experience of all players and supporters. The main headlines are;
- At the Premier league level we have a new coaching team that is dedicated to encouraging and promoting a brand of football that embraces the FFA National Curriculum whilst developing a brand of football that typifies the Tuggeranong philosophy of proactive football based upon the effective use of possession football.
- In the girls junior ranks, from the Under 10 age group and beyond, we are implementing an Academy structure that will ensure all girls have the access and opportunity to receive quality and, just as important, consistent coaching across all age groups. This structure will help to create a pathway for girls to play at the level their talent and hard work allows them to.
To explain the structure moving into 2016 we are holding an introduction night in February, which will be attended by the President of the club and the Head coach of the WPL program.
This event will explain to you, and hopefully answer any questions you have on;
- The structure of the Academy and how it feeds into the Senior program
- The timeframes associated with 2016
- The role of the coaches, players, and parents
Your attendance is important as it will give you vital information on the 2016 season. It is also an excellent opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have of the President or the coaching team.
We look forward to seeing you on 8 February and thank you for your continued support of the Tuggeranong Soccer club.
WPL Head Coach